The Secrets of Cloud Data Security
BEST PRACTICES AND TECHNOLOGY TO KEEP YOUR DATA SECURE IN THE CLOUD
If you’re in the process of creating a security strategy for your cloud deployments, then you understand the complexities that exist. The challenges presented by compliance, data governance, and emerging technology can create a conflicting and shifting front.
Unfortunately, your cloud provider will probably not tell you how to effectively approach data security. More likely, they will point to the few basic security tools built into their solution and wish you the best of luck.
Why? Because they are not responsible for your data.
As a result, best practices for cloud security are not centered on your public or private cloud provider. They are more about people, processes, and technology.
This white paper from cloud visionary and author David Linthicum addresses questions such as:
- What is the current state of cloud vendor security?
- How do I gain control of my cloud data security?
- How do I manage risk around cloud data security?
- What role does third-party security technology play when considering data security?
- What are the core enabling technologies that I should consider, and how are they implemented?