Protegrity Launches Protegrity 7 Data Security Platform
Protegrity 7 Built for Data-Centric Security Requirements of Data Driven Organizations Needing to Protect Sensitive Data Across the Enterprise and in the Cloud
STAMFORD, CT – April 3, 2017 – Protegrity announces the worldwide availability of Protegrity 7, a data-centric security platform designed to help data-driven organizations realize the full potential value of their data while protecting it throughout the enterprise and cloud.
“Data is becoming ever more diverse and fragmented, whether it’s on-premise or in the cloud, structured or unstructured, or used in-house or by third-parties,” said Protegrity CEO Suni Munshani. “At the same time, this data has become ever-more critical to how organizations operate and engage with their customers, partners, and employees. The challenge of protecting it despite its growing volume, variety and velocity has become ever-more challenging and urgent.”
Comprehensive Security Platform for the Data-Driven Enterprise
With Protegrity 7, data security leaders can define, implement, and monitor data security policies with unprecedented scale, agility and flexibility to enable all data users to leverage their valuable data assets safely and securely. New and enhanced capabilities found in Protegrity 7 include:
- – Expanded portfolio of data protectors and SDKs support a greater diversity of data sources, both on-premises and in the cloud.
- – Clustering and micro-services deployment options enable rapid scale-up and scale-out of data protection as data volumes and workloads expand.
- – Comprehensive and scalable key management, including support for NIST 800-57 standard, key state management, and key-encryption key (KEK) handling and rotation.
Agility at the Speed of the Business:
- – Full policy lifecycle management and policy feedback tools and dashboard to enable defining, monitoring and subsequently changing data security policies without disrupting business, modifying application code, or changing the underlying application environment.
- – Expanded use of Protegrity Gateway technology more rapidly applies optimal data protection for any sensitive data everywhere it resides, transparently and non-invasively from the perspective of application end-users.
- – Ability to choose any style of data protection (tokenization, masking, obfuscation, and encryption including NIST 800-38 format-preserving encryption), and apply it in a wide variety of ways including on the database, over the wire, as a service, and via APIs.
- – Protegrity products supported on Amazon Web Services to enable rapid deployment of new data security services without significant up-front investment.
Future-Proof for the Next Generation of Data
Protegrity is also announcing general availability of new capabilities to protect the next generation of data, including:Comprehensive protection of enterprise-class big data implementations, including expanded support for Spark SQL, Kafka, Flume, and native installation and cluster management using Hortonworks Ambari and Cloudera Manager, enabling the protection of large-scale data lakes based on all leading big data distributions.
- – Support for containerization and microservices technologies including Mesos, Docker, and Node.js enabling lights-out scale-up and scale-out of secured data workloads regardless of the physical infrastructure supporting those workloads.
- – Ability to define different fine-grained security policies for different consumers of the same data records, thus enabling future possible use cases of sensitive data regardless of where that data is stored or consumed, and without re-implementing existing policies.
Fit-for-Purpose for Data Security Governance
Data security leaders need to establish an enterprise-wide data security governance competency to own the definition, implementation and management of data security policies throughout their organization and beyond. To help clients quickly empower their data security practitioners design and enforce optimal security policies powered by Protegrity 7, Protegrity is also offering:
- – Dashboards and alerting of policy status, data usage, and protector and gateway health and activity in large environments, enabling data security policy owners to maintain a real-time view of their data security posture.
- – Ability to define business-user roles and associate with fine-grained security policies, thus enabling governance of data security policies for each group of business users consuming that data.
- – Availability of best practices for enterprise-wide data protection including new data technologies such as Big Data, NoSQL, Microservices, Hybrid environments, as well as regulatory domains such as GDPR.
Meeting Requirements of Data-Centric Audit and Protection
Protegrity 7 can be used by organizations looking to implement Data-centric Audit and Protection, a growing category of products characterized by the ability to centrally monitor the activity of users and administrators in relation to specific data sets. Based upon data security governance principles, protection of sensitive data is achieved through the application of data security policies and access controls across multiple data repositories or silos.
“By 2020, data-centric audit and protection products will replace disparate siloed data security tools in 40% of large enterprises, up from less than 5% today,” according to Gartner.* “Security and risk management leaders must use data-centric audit and protection products to mitigate threats and compliance issues to critical data.”
Protegrity has been identified as a representative vendor in the Gartner “Market Guide for Data-Centric Audit and Protection” report.* Gartner identified Protegrity as a vendor operating across all five data silos (database, file storage, Big Data, Software-as-a-Service and Infrastructure-as-a-Service) and offering solutions in six of the seven DCAP capabilities profiled in the report:
- – simple monitoring & alerting
- – integrates policies across all silos covered
- – data classification
- – integrated data discovery
- – application user access control
- – data protection policy enforcement
Gartner’s complete Market Guide for Data-Centric Audit and Protection is available as a free download via the Protegrity web site.
About Protegrity: Proven Experts in Data Security
Protegrity is the only enterprise data security software platform that leverages scalable, data-centric encryption, tokenization and masking to help businesses secure sensitive information while maintaining data usability. Built for complex, heterogeneous business environments, the Protegrity Data Security Platform provides unprecedented levels of data security certified across applications, data warehouses, mainframes, big data, and cloud environments. Companies trust Protegrity to help them manage risk, achieve compliance, enable business analytics, and confidently adopt new platforms. For additional information visit www.protegrity.com.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
* Gartner “Market Guide for Data-Centric Audit and Protection” by Brian Lowans, Marc-Antoine Meunier, Brian Reed, Deborah Kish, Merv Adrian, and David Anthony Mahdi, 21 March 2017
© 2017 Protegrity USA, Inc. All rights reserved. Protegrity and the Protegrity logo are trademarks of Protegrity Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
# # #
CONNECT WITH PROTEGRITY: