Smart, Sensible Enterprise Data Security; Protegrity Releases Data Protection System 5
Stamford, CT, Protegrity Corporation, the leading provider of Data Security Management solutions, today announced the release of the Protegrity Data Protection System (DPS) 5, the latest version of Protegrity’s award-winning data protection platform. DPS 5 fully supports enterprises in their drive to move forward to proactive risk-adjusted data security strategies in order to achieve the right balance between business needs and security/compliance demands. A complete enterprise data protection platform, Protegrity DPS 5 offers a wealth of business benefits that point solutions simply cannot provide, enabling enterprises to select, deploy and easily manage a unified set of technologies that best meet their specific security requirements and business needs — now and into the future. New and enhanced features in DPS 5 include:
- Tokenization: removes critical data from the information stream, where it is a prime target for malicious hackers, associates it with a reference token and then moves the data to a highly secure location. The token allows the secured data to be retrieved by authorized users. This practical protection method is perfectly suited for securely retaining high risk data like credit card information and social security numbers. The Protegrity Token Server solution enables enterprises to centrally manage tokenization across the enterprise and its applications, databases and files.
- Format Controlling Encryption: retains the original format, on a character-by-character basis, of encrypted data, putting an end to the data re-formatting and database schema changes required by other encryption techniques. FCE protects data and enables it to be easily integrated into legacy systems, across mixed platforms and allows sensitive information to be safely used in testing/virtual servers and other less-controlled environments.
- Data Usage Monitoring: allows an enterprise to monitor selected lower-risk data in order to understand exactly how it is being used and who is accessing it. Data Usage Monitoring can also be used as an easy-to-deploy, effective first step in the roll out of a comprehensive data security strategy and helps enterprises that are refining their security processes to build targeted, highly effective access control policies.
- Policy-Based Masking: provides the ability to mask selected parts of a sensitive asset. An enterprise’s security policies determine whether a recipient should receive specific information in clear text or partially obscured, giving security officers highly granular control over how users can view sensitive assets. Implemented at the database level rather than application level, policy-based Data Masking provides a consistent level of security across the enterprise without interfering with business operations and greatly simplifies data security management chores.
- Security Coordinates: provides critical forensic and compliance auditing information, delivering a highly-granular auditing tool that identifies the specific source of an audit event, including IP address, port, database, table, column, and row identifier along with exactly what activity occurred, across an entire system or a single server.
“DPS is a truly significant update. We have incorporated many Protegrity-patented technologies into this release,” said Paul Giardina, CEO of Protegrity. “We, along with many enterprises, believe that risk-adjusted data protection is the most effective security model to employ, and DPS 5 strongly demonstrates our commitment to supporting practical, business-process based data security solutions.” Protegrity Data Protection System 5 secures data at the application, file and database levels, driven by an enterprise’s own security policies. Protegrity’s central key manager manages encryption key lifecycles across all protection points, across platforms, enterprise wide. DPS is comprised of three core components designed to ease data security management and measurably simplify regulatory compliance: Protegrity Threat Management System is a web application firewall that detects and blocks unwanted activity. Protegrity Enterprise Security Administrator delivers security alerting, reporting, and auditing across the enterprise. Protegrity Data Protection System provides encryption, masking, monitoring, tokenization, and hashing for applications, databases, and files.
Protegrity delivers centralized data security management solutions that protect sensitive information from acquisition to deletion across the enterprise. Protegrity’s customers maintain complete protection over their data and business by employing software and solutions specifically designed to secure data, safeguard web applications, and manage and report on security policy. The company’s singular focus is on developing solutions that protect data. Protegrity employees are security technology specialists with deep expertise in data security techniques, encryption key management, web application firewalls and security policy in distributed environments. Maximize security with minimal business impact with Protegrity Security Suite, the high performance, transparent solution optimized for the dynamic enterprise. To learn more, visit www.protegrity.com or call 203.326.7200. Protegrity is a registered trademark of Protegrity Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.