Data-centric security for Hadoop®-based Big Data platforms
As organizations leverage Big Data to analyze ever larger quantities of data, the challenge of effectively protecting sensitive data while maintaining usability becomes increasingly difficult.
Protegrity, the leading innovator of advanced data security solutions, offers the most comprehensive package of Hadoop security available to protect assets and meet regulatory compliance while preserving the performance and analytics vital to Big Data platforms.
Data Protection At Rest, In Transit, and In Use
Protegrity Big Data Protector secures all sensitive data in Hadoop utilizing advanced tokenization and encryption – at rest in the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS); in use during MapReduce, Hive, and Pig processing; and in transit to and from other data systems.
This continuous protection ensures the data is secure throughout its lifecycle, no matter where it is or how it’s used. The actual sensitive data is transparently protected with policy-based controls, while non-sensitive data can remain in the clear. This enables maximum usability for users and processes to continue to mine the data for transformative decision-making insights.
Coarse-Grained Data Protection
Protegrity Big Data Protector provides both volume/disk encryption and highly transparent, on-node AES 256 file encryption, leveraging and extending native Hadoop infrastructure to enable the most efficient, effective security available for HDFS.
Fine-Grained Data Protection
Protegrity provides additional field-level protection, utilizing Protegrity Vaultless Tokenization (PVT), masking, strong or format-preserving encryption. Each of these technologies provide various benefits for particular use cases.
Protegrity Big Data Protector is available to protect sensitive data in a variety of public and proprietary Hadoop distributions. Optimized Big Data Protectors are available for Hortonworks HDP, Cloudera CDH, Pivotal Big Data Suite, MapR, Apache Hadoop, and IBM BigInsights. Native installation and cluster management are available using Hortonworks Ambari and Cloudera Manager
- Apply comprehensive security on sensitive data fields and files within Hadoop
- Protect data in HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Spark SQL, Kafka, Flume, and throughout the Hadoop ecosystem
- Utilize Protegrity Vaultless Tokenization, encryption, and masking for fine-grained data security
- Enable secure business analysis with transparent, high-performance protection, optimized for Big Data
- Monitor and report on all activity on sensitive data throughout Hadoop
- Platform easily integrates Big Data protection into centrally-managed enterprise security solution